On 8/24/2012 9:09 AM, Frank Schuhmann wrote:> would it be a so scary
idea, to add the usb cd/dvd option to bios, to high up
> the installation methods or better the entire install process at the
net5501 and
> net6501 for
> many OS from usb device to ide/sata/msata devices?
>
> Or perhaps is it a too hard or too many work time for doing this?

I wouldn't know how difficult that might be in the BIOS, but as most CDs
would expect a VGA console, you may not have much luck even if you get
it to boot.

USB stick images are much easier to modify on the fly to switch them to
serial output.

Jim