I was trying to find the same thing and found BoolTrace which is part of
the Binary Iris addon.
This is supposed to do boolean functions on solid models, at render time,
though the use of it as a shader.

It was tough to find as Binary Iris seems to have gone away. I found id it
via the wayback machine.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080627113211/http://binaryiris.com/main/?id=BoolTrace

However, I could not get this to work in 2013 SP1. The render seems to
break after installing
the addon. If anyone has a better solution for Booleans in Softimage, it
would be appreciated.
Any modeling compounds in ICE, maybe? I searched the Area, but didn't find
anything.

I did see a post on using a transparent plane, that has the primary rays
turned off, but I haven't tried that yet.

--

Best Regards,
*  Stephen P. Davidson**

<http://www.3danimationmagic.com>