From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Eric Lampi
[ericla...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 September 2012 19:08
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: object center orientation

I'm not sure how to accomplish this, I am drawing a blank at the moment...

A modeler build a globe and cut up the continents into little pieces, the
orientation needs to point toward the center of the globe so they can animate
out on a local y axis. Is there any way to globally make the center axis to
point towards a null or to global 0 without moving the individual objects? The
geo is properly oriented, but the center points are all at the same default
rotation.

Eric

--
Freelance 3D and VFX animator