From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Rob Wuijster
Sent: 13 September 2012 09:49
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: In case you missed it..

To put out a more positive comment...

I'm pretty happy with my SI2013SP1 and Arnold combo.
I still see a steady stream of really nice plugins, ICE tools and such pass me
by on the forums. It's never been this good before version 7 or so.

All this doom and gloom talk isn't helping, and at some point will spiral into
a self-fulfilling prophecy. I visited one of the few SI places in Amsterdam
lately, and the talk was quickly on "AD is about to kill off SI". All this
mumbling makes people very twitchy.

We're all very passionate about our software. And when I'm seeing great render
engines and tools pop up for Softimage again and again, I still see a nice
future for Softimage.

Maybe AD can finally be a little less cryptic on the whole thing, and maybe
Chris can give us some small spoilers on what's ahead for SI2014.
So we can all go back to doing the thing we love, creating great looking images
with our beloved particle app. ;-)

peace?

Rob