That's great to hear! I'd have to agree, SI is a fantastic and very complete solution for small to mid size shops. Hopefully, there is some targeted advertising in this area.

On 9/13/2012 1:39 PM, Maurice Patel wrote:
Still reading, and the discussion has been stimulating as we start planning for
next year's activities (can't say more rev accounting at all that)
maurice

Maurice Patel
Autodesk : Tél:  514 954-7134

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Paul Griswold
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:25 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: In case you missed it..

Softimage is without-a-doubt the best choice for small shops and freelancers
(out of the 3 products Autodesk offers).  Could it be that nobody is left who
really knows what Softimage has/can do?

So... Maurice, if you're still reading, maybe you can consider some of this?

Softimage comes with Softimage Illusion, also known as the FXTree.  It's a
fully featured, node-based compositor that's built right into the app.

See:
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/compositing_intro_AboutXSIIllusion.htm

FaceRobot, a $100,000 facial animation system comes included with Softimage!

See:  http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/index.php/Category:FaceRobot

CrowdFX - crowd simulations.  Why invest in Massive?

See:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Toyh0_doko

Lagoa Multiphysics - https://vimeo.com/13457383

Syflex cloth - ICE version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtdAvvo0KU

The Softimage Animation Mixer - a non-linear animation editor:

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/animmixer1.htm

Then there are all the included animation rigs & rigging guides that
automatically build a functional, well made rig for you.

Anyone else care to add?

-PG

Len Krenzler - Creative Control Media Productions

Phone: 780.463.3126

www.creativecontrol.ca - l...@creativecontrol.ca