Much like scripting APIs in applications formed the modern figure of
pipeline engineers, and later ICE introduced many people who didn't think
of themselves as technical to maths and digging yourself out of a hole with
your own shovel, I reckon you guys should look at this as an opportunity to
step it up a notch instead of being intimidated by it :)

Anything that takes away some entry fee from development tends to show
people that they are really capable of a lot more than they gave themselves
credit for rather than alienate them in my experience, and I have high
hopes CE/Fabric might be another step in that direction.

Incidentally, this is also why I routinely whinge at a few selected people
about providing more examples, doco and context with their APIs and tools,
because 99% of the barrier to entering more "serious" development is that
the admission ticket is often exorbitantly high (IE: C++ + OpenGL and
viewport plugins), but once you get past that barrier, it tends to be
cruisty for a while.
Fingers crossed the Fabric guys understand this :)