From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Tim Leydecker
Sent: 20 décembre 2012 06:42
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Rumors

Hey Sandy,

from what I´ve seen in your posts on this list, I would imagine you´d pick up
Maya pretty quickly and would bring long-standing production experience to a
project which is something that is actually getting rarer nowadays.

I must admit that it is becoming more difficult to make HR or Producers
understand.
(depending on if it´s VFX or commercials job, different people press the hire
button)

But, neither Maya nor Max are difficult to use and a two week run-up (at
home,selfpaced?) would sure make you feel you use it comfortably enough to
solve technical issues in a project.

Everything else you can´t controll, deadlines and expectations clash against
each other more and more.
It seems there´s less and less preparation or thinking through with generation
iphone, getting everything now.
That is in no way related to your personal skillset but a price a great many
seasoned artists have to pay currently. The guys you have to talk to check
their bullet points but don´t understand the content any more...

If you want to get a nice, well funded, high quality output place to work,
check out Scanline VFX Vancouver.

A couple of my friends and collegues went there and are very, very happy at
work and in Vancouver in general.

It´s expensive to live there and have an occasional round of beers but you have
around 30 companies there that give you any flavour, ranging from fire and
forget to hire and fire and actually valuing their artists as more than an
asset.

I´d go there now if I would have already managed to stop smoking :-)

Cheers,

tim