From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eugen Sares
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:36 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Rumors

99% of what listings, VFX jobs? That's Maya country for sure, but there are
more fields of application than that in 3d - games, visualization, motion
graphics...
Everbody wants to do VFX... loud, fancy, cool... the most rewarding playground
for the ego...
Softimage probably shouldn't try too hard to shine just there, because that's
only building up more and more pressure and competition with Maya.
Why not go for a more widespread clientele, as a general purpose 3d
application? Loose market share here, gain it there...
It's a good thing not to filter opportunities at hand too much...