Actually,  I dont think this is a problem with my ICE tree :) or getting
any data from a group of polygon meshes  as you can see add point does that
instantly. Also, as far as I'm aware, a separate ice tree is not made or
needed per null, not sure where you both are getting this from.

my prognosis is that whatever the menucommand is calling from
ICE>Kinematics>Effects>transform objects by particles is the culprit and it
is more likely not as efficient a script as Alan's is. With a bit of
detective work (turning on script window)   this is whatever
Application.ICEFlow_ConstraintToParticles() is doing and digs down to
ICEFlowConstraintToParticles.js in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013
SP1\Addons\ICEFlowBuilder\Application\Plugins  and in_reg.Author =
"laforgg" so, its simply not fair to cast dispersions on others code
without the opportunity of said coder able to step in and explain
themselves, for they no longer work there.

but lets not ignore the barefaced cheek of being called out by a non-coder!

 ;)

wonder if its possible to add another menu item underneath and call it
'generate nulls per particle 27x faster than above'  - and yes perhaps I am
being unnecessarily harsh and you both (Matt & Alan) are correct that
indeed the only way to attach nulls to particles IS by making
a separate ICE tree per null.

cheers

Rob