Hi Matt,

I don't have much to say in terms of laptops, but I did recently buy a CPU
for home.  I had it custom built by a guy who runs a PC Repair shop.  It
has everything you mentioned, the SSD hard drive, multi-core CPU (4+), USB
3.0, and 32 gb RAM.  It runs incredibly fast, and the SSD makes a huge
difference in start up times.  The machine came to just under $1400.

I couldn't find similar deals online that included everything mentioned
above.  The great thing was the guy designed it for what I needed, and gave
me multiple quotes within my price range.  I've always gone with custom
built machines, and have never had any problems (except with the one I
tried to build myself >.< )  If you can find a shop with great reviews, or
that someone refers you to, it's worth it to get an estimate and compare
with some of the bigger companies.

If you are in L.A., I'd be happy to refer you to the shop I bought my
machine from.  Good Luck!

-Milady