But is the ball propelled by an internal combustion engine, or is it victim
of the gravitational pull?

Because if it's the former I feel it's remiss of you to forget that cold
air is more compressible (or rather more easily pulled in larger
quantities) than hot air, and therefore results in a more favorable
stoichiometric ratio chambered and more power.

Seriously, man, get your examples right! You can't omit details like that.