still, sitoa isn't beta anymore. peter, that was years ago when you started evaluation, right?

it needs to be known that the reason it's not distributed widely isn't because arnold or sitoa is beta software. it's because they can't support everyone that wants access at this time. so no reason to make an announcement about lifting the beta tag. the sitoa list isn't called the beta list by its users or moderators anymore.

sorry for derailing nic's thread.

*written with my thumbs

On Mar 16, 2013, at 7:08 AM, <pete...@skynet.be> wrote:

fair enough – I was indeed referring to SItoA and MtoA , not Arnold standalone.

From: Stephen Blair
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:50 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Announcing Redshift - Biased GPU Renderer

SItoA beta and Mtoa beta, not Arnold beta

On 16/03/2013 5:15 AM, pete...@skynet.be wrote:
well, I had to join a betalist to get info and test it, downloadables were called beta, and so was the quote (afaik – it w asn’t adressed to me) – I was under the impression that it is still beta, because that’s what it said on the surface.
Smoke and mirrors? Semantics?
Perhaps – but not to the producer who had to make the decision on purchasing.