Do you use the FXTree Guillaume, actively ?
Some on the list grew with FXTree while others do there work in a compositing program.  Whatever rocks your boat, I suppose.

Christopher

Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:04 PM
How many people on this list use FXTree for Active work ?

Just people using XSI and doing rendering related stuff and knowing the FxTree :).

Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:25 PM
Gullaume - There are two meaning to 'dead'
Dead as in it's not actively used and Dead as it's removed from the product.
Dead as in Walking Dead :)

How many people on this list use FXTree for Active work ?

Christopher

Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:18 PM
The FxTree is not dead of course. Every components of XSI can be improved at any time by the Softimage team.
Improved by adding feature to the existing code or improved by creating a new version of the component (like when ICE replaced the old particle system).

FxTree will be dead the day it will be removed from the product.

Simple as that.

Every other statements are just pure speculation.

Period :).

Guillaume

Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:13 PM

Kaydara created Filmbox in the 1990s. FBX is the Filmbox format.

http://aucache.autodesk.com/au2011/sessions/6341/class_handouts/v1_DG6341_Montgomery.pdf

Filmbox became Motionbuilder in 2002.

http://www.cgw.com/Publications/CGW/2002/Volume-25-Issue-7-July-2002-/Kaydaras-Filmbox-Becomes-Motionbuilder.aspx

Alias acquired Kaydara in 2004.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=6901510&linkID=14271594

Autodesk acquired Alias in 2006

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5970886&siteID=123112

--

Joey Ponthieux

LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)

Mymic Technical Services

NASA Langley Research Center

Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.