Sorry, I have no idea.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Angus Davidson
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 14:07
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Running Softimage without installing it.

Hi Sven

We have a bank of mac minis that we are going to have to boot camp to get
Softimage up and running. You don't happen to know if they newer ghosts work
with bootcamp.

Kind regards

Angus

From: Sven Constable <sixsi_l...@imagefront.de>
Date: Thursday 16 May 2013 9:13 PM
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com" <softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>

For installing on rendernodes as well as workstation, this is how I do it:

1. All rendernodes are the exact same hardware. Same for the workstations.

2. Install OS and apps on one machine and make workgroups, users, security
settings etc. until everything is perfect. A kind of master machine to make an
image from, to be later distributed to other machines.

3. I do a windows-sysprep to wipe machine-specific settings (computer name,
windows serial, windows-workgroup). Then I make an image via ghost.

4. Distribute ghost image to unlimited machines in one go using multicast.

5. Log in on every machine once, to set  name, workgroup and  windows-serial.

I set up 8 machines recently with an earlier created image in about 1-2h. I'm
pretty sure this procedure could be even more automated for large farms.