Hi.

In my never ending quest to find a way to install Softimage automatically and simply on all machines, I have yet again hit a road block. Last year, after several days of failed attempts, I resorted to installing it manually on my machine and copying the folder on the other machines. I had to copy the ProductInformation.pit file from C:\Program Data and I had to run the runonce.bat file. And then all was well and dandy. Easily scriptable and no human intervention required.

This year however, things seem different. When I do the same, Softimage can't find a license. This is where the ProductInformation.pit file was required last year, but it seems it's not enough now.

I noticed there is a new License.env file in the Application\bin folder. But it contains the right informations about our license server since I ran the installer on my machine. I don't know if it has anything to do with all this.

Any one has bits of info on this?

Thanks.

Francois