Hey everyone,

Here at Analog we've just finished up working on a commercial directed by
Smith & Foulkes with Nexus for Honda, and I convinced the guys here to give
Softimage a go ;)

http://www.analogstudio.co.uk/work/honda

quoting from the link above (because it is true):
*'We were responsible of the assembly of the multiple shots, remove props,
track all the objects, shade, light and render everything. All of the FX
animation, compositing and grading also happened under one roof at Analog.
We shared the modelling with Nexus since it was a massive undertaking with
so many products. Nexus also provided us with the amazing character
animations and the subtle physical secondary movements of the objects.'*
*
*
Soft was very handy considering we were working on long shots, with so many
models (3/4 passes for each object, 13 objects ish in one shot I think)
We had all the animation cached out of max from Nexus, and I wrote scripts
to clean up obj's, hook up all the objects to their respective caches
through ICE, and transfer materials/clusters when we had to bring in new
models revisions. Considering how much cache there was moving around soft
handled it well!
Oh and we rendered in VRay, as the guys here are used to using it for years
from Max so I think that helped the transition to Soft!

Also, interesting working with another studio like that! I've not done
something like that before really....

Cheers!

Simon Reeves
London, UK