Ok thank's. We have a guide line now. (Sorry I saw you already posted this)
Personnaly I think I know how I coud treat this as erasing dust vanishing a drawing and going somewhere.

Le 12/03/2014 12:06, p...@bustykelp.com a écrit :
Well, my suggestion for the brief is that it should
1 – demonstrate powerfully that there is a lot of people around the world using this tool and care about it enough to do this film for free 1a - Show that we are prepared to make a stand and not take this lying down 2 – Show off the wide variety of things that can be achieved with SI pretty much out of the box and it be impressive to watch. 3- Treat Autodesk fairly.. Ie. make as many people as we can look at what kind of company they actually are.
4 – do the above by making this entertaining and unique
5 – Be uplifting and celebrate creativity and the human spirit
This is my revised pitch from last night.. The reason I came at this idea is that it can easily be split into chunks and the diversity of styles play to its strength.
I think it would be good to make a visual metaphor of the situation.
I've been thinking that we would need to do something that could be attacked modularly and allows a huge variety in styles coming together. What we also have in our favour is that we come from different parts of the world and all do different styles of work. So my idea is. cgi on live action plates..filmed on dslr by different folk around the globe.
It's based on the wizard of oz.
We start with one character, leaving a studio and start to walk, then we cut to another studio with another totally different character style, walking or moving. This repeats. It doesn't have to be characters only, we could have a dust cloud, or an ICE strand tangle. The more variety of cgi oddities the better. We then cut to more of them moving through different landmarks around the globe. ( assuming between us we know someone who lives nearby enough to film them) There could be Godzilla stomping through New York, an ice tangle going under the Eiffel tower. they are all going somewhere. It could be as epic as we can make it. There Could be a car chase, Whatever, as long as they are moving somewhere with purpose. /it looks like they are gathering for War./ Some characters could board a massive spaceship which takes off. Others could get on a huge ocean liner.They are all making their way somewhere. It culminates as a huge bizarre crowd of CGI 'things' gather at the door of a big imposing building. A small character at the front knocks We cut to text along the lines of "Please save us" or simply.. ‘Save Softimage’ I know it sounds epic, but that's kind of the point and if we had say 40 people doing a little bit each and maybe reused old personal assets, it might be achievable. I could dig Greg Mutt out and probably do a Godzilla shot in a few days.
*From:* olivier jeannel <mailto:olivier.jean...@noos.fr>
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:26 AM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>
*Subject:* Re: A germ of an idea.
What is the subject or story that the 40s'' cgi piece tells ?

Le 12/03/2014 11:10, p...@bustykelp.com a écrit :
I think the documentary idea should be put to a different thread, as its really worth doing, but I feel that having multiple ideas in one thread will just serve to confuse all of them. It would be good to show both as one piece if they both get made. The CGI piece could work as a 40 second introduction to the other.
So far, on the CGI idea, we potentially have these artists interested
1 Paul Smith Generalist, ICE skills and character / mocap and animation 2 Artur Wozniak 3D Generalist, non-character animation, rendering, some nuke, VFX 3 Perry Harovas I am a generalist, but have good modeling skills and lighting/rendering skills. I am also a Nuke user, and could help composite.
4 Francisco Criado            generalist , can also do compositing.
5 Paul Griswold
6 Eugene Flormata generalist, I'd prefer to animate something though. I never get to do that enough at work. 7 Emilio Hernandez 3D generalist, character->modeling, rigging. mid ICE level. Comp, editing and VFX here ready for battle.
8 Jason S Generalist/comp/matte paintings
9 Christian Lattuada
10 Rob Chapman ICE FX artist/TD, Softimage user for EIGHTEEN YEARS 11 Sebastian Sterling Im a Modeller, prefer characters but Multi-purpose. 12 Dan Pejril I am a generalist in Softimage with ICE skills, animation and rendering (recently I have been using 3delight and Redshift).I have a background in character animation and medical animation.
13 David Saber
14 Greg Punchatz I would be happy to edit it all together into a cohesive piece . Put music to it etc.... 15 Gustave Eggert Boehs generalist, leaning towards ice/fx stuff, can composite in nuke
16 Rares Halmagean
17 Alok Gandhi custom tools/ plugins development required, custom ICE nodes in C++ or any other tech stuff that needs to be developed.
18 Scott-turb- generalist
19 Jens Lindgren VFX Supervisor with broad knowledge of ICE and compositing in Nuke 20 Richard Costin I bring character and prop modeling, shading, lighting, rendering, and some animation. Storyboards, matte painting and concept design experience as well.
21 Nicolas Esposito
22 Arvid Bjorn cg sup and generalist, leaned towards lighting and shading.
23 Siew Yi Liang                    animation