It's funny. There always seemed to be two kind of people. The ones  that
prefer text buttons and the ones that prefer icon style. Of course all
softimagers prefer text :)  It's just so much clearer what a certain
function does. It's also much more efficient and faster when you teach
people:

"click on path... then click on set path".
"ahh! nice, thank you!"
(student learned a new thing in a second)

 I would have gone crazy if I had to tell them instead:
"click on the button that looks like an uhm... elephant with the...  red
quare in it"
"What button, you mean the red ant inside a triangle?"
"No. The button below the green thingy next to the uhm... the... the... blue
dotted triangle!"
"you mean the button with that uhm... blu turtle?
"No. the button here"! (touching the screen/ grabbing the mouse)
"This button right here!"
"but that doesn't look like an elephant!"

:)

sven