What's the point ? Understanding of Ice for Maya ?

Le 21/03/2014 12:12, Alastair Hearsum a écrit :
Folks

We had a chat with a senior chap at Autodesk. There was hint of surprise at one use of ICE that I mentioned in passing. I think we over estimate the understanding of what ICE gets used for and its all pervading usefulness. I'd like to invite people to share their ice work especially if its more obscure (without giving away your trade secrets obviously). Here are some starters for us. Please keep the explanations as short as possible to attract Autodesk to read them.

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/love
1) Fine feathers created totally with ice strands
2) Feather system created in ice
3) Cats fur : ice strands

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/tadpoles-master
1) Totally ice strand vegetation
2) Ice driven water surface
3) Render tadpoles have ice compound which auomatically detects the shot number and selects the correct cache

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/node/3266&search-type=brand&term=g-star
1) Ice creating the cotton balls unravelling

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/node/549
1) Ice crowd

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/transformation&search-type=brand&term=lg
1) Object IDs picked up in ice and use to assign materials of supermarket aisle items

https://vimeo.com/87096859
Some holes aesthetically
1) ice rigid body pens transferring their attributes to lagoa ice fluid melted pens
2)Ice fracturing bottle

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/strewth&search-type=brand&term=o
1) Intervened in Momentum ice plugin to extract vectors and modulate them

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/excess-baggage&search-type=brand&term=benylin
1) Hair created from scratch in ice strands including clumping

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/video/summer-sport-0&search-type=brand&term=freeview
1) Ice rigid bodies combine with ice syflex and custom hand cooked verlet for the strings

And many many more.

--
Alastair Hearsum
Head of 3d
Glassworks Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found at glassworks.co.uk
(Company registered in England with number 04759979. Registered office 25 Harley Street, London, W1G 9BR. VAT registration number: 867290000)
Please consider the environment before you print this email.
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and attachments are strictly privileged, private and confidential and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s). Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If this transmission is received in error please kindly return it to the sender and delete this message from your system.