Out of curiousity, have you worked with the dynamic fracturing ?

Le 09/05/2014 08:35, Szabolcs Matefy a écrit :

Hey guys

I've got to collapse a chimney. First pass the chimney base breaks, thus the chimney start to fall, then when it hits the ground it breaks again into several bigger pieces.

What I did so far, and it worked so-so, that I created 3 passes of the destruction. First I fractured the chimney to have a big chimney, and a broken base. Then I started simulate, and the chimney fall to the ground as I wanted. Then I made a copy of the big piece of broken chimney, and broke it apart into two big piece (with some debris too), constrained it them to the big piece, and muted the RBD on these until the big hit the ground. However, it's quite funny (or despairing?) that the physics became so unstable, and jerky movements happens without any reasons...

I can't show anything, due to strict code of NDA, but I'd welcome any help. The final result must be the simulated pieces in alembic to my client. So no post process, scene splitting, etc. the whole sequence must be in a unique alembic file.

Thanks for every bit of help!

Szabolcs

___
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Crytek GmbH - http://www.crytek.com - Grüneburgweg 16-18, 60322 Frankfurt - HRB77322 Amtsgericht Frankfurt a. Main- UST IdentNr.: DE20432461 - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Avni Yerli, Cevat Yerli, Faruk Yerli