From: Stephan Haitz <sha...@3d-agenten.de<mailto:sha...@3d-agenten.de>>
Date: Tuesday 03 June 2014 at 4:16 PM
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
<softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
Subject: Re: SOFTIMAGE|UeberTage 2014...any interest??

Ok you are right. Thought more of a "look here, what do you think about that
thing" sort of discussion. But religious "but my is the best things" are surely
not what we want (apart from SI, of course :-) ) . Thought about keeping the
uebertage alive in a future with less and less SI-Userbase...

And Eric you know: I will use Softimage furthermore, cause at the moment, I
can´t see anything better or even equivalent. When I do have to learn a new
software it has to be really an improvement to Softimage (from the small studio
/ allrounders view).

Ahem, I really would prefer to have a pure Softimage user meeting and not some
melting pot of X different 3D apps/users and all the
my-software-is-the-best-because-blabla discussions.

Why is everybody talking about transitioning? Is anybody seriously afraid that
Softimage will be out-of-date by the end of the month or what?

Honestly, if there are going to be Cinema 4D, Houdini, Max/Maya, Blender, etc.
presentations ... wtf? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the apps nor
their users, it's just that it's seems wrong to me to have them at possibly one
of the last XSI events.

Cheers,
Eric

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in