Yep, it's called the "Node Editor" (to make the difference with the Hypergraph
and Hypershade). As to "improved"... Well, I guess you already found out for
yourself. It's basically a new look with the same old workflows from 20 years
ago (ok, not really... Now you can drag connection wires instead of using the
Connection Editor... Yay).

Sergio MuciƱo.
Sent from my iPad.