> it's cold in here.....

because it isn’t as simple as you think?

best is to go the ICE way, disconnect/poly islands driven by particles’ SRTs
works fine and fast.
There was also the older ICE method, (was it guillaume’s?) exploding the object
into it’s poly islands, and using them as instances on particles – but that got
slow on hundreds of parts.

then there is the old school non ice way: create a cluster center for each poly
island and animate these directly or by pose constraining to nulls.