I'm not comfident enough to tell, and I can only speak for vop (not vex).
Having to build a for each loop set of nodes, well it took me time to
figure (in fact Mikael tut was the answer)
Having to work with per prim vertex array seems to be a limitation when
coming to sort those vertex.
I have overal sorting issues : it's ok to sort ptnum but an arbitrary
integer attribute I'm not sure I can.
I wish there was more example (in vop) of array building and sorting.
I miss the "sort array with key"

I'm just starting with arrays in H but I find it over complicated.