Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 00:46:28 +0200
From: “Sven Constable” <sixsi_l...@imagefront.de>
Subject: RE: Friday Flashback #384

I don?t think it was a quirk but intendend. :) Even that feature likely felt
illogical at first, it's intriguing how much thought went into the tiniest
bits of the GUI. Btw it was the only feature where a “before-state” was
displayed, I think.

Workwise it made sense because switching to a viewmode like Shaded or
Textured would took some time. Knowing to which viewmode you'll switch was
surely an advantage.

Besides this, its kinda obvious which viewmodeis currently used because the
viewport is displaying it already. Therefore, having a label that indicates
to which viewmode you will switch is more useful. Otherwise it would be
redundant information.

I work that way even today (middle click to switch modes) and to be honest I
would prefer the old way telling me to which viewmode I'll switch. Rather
than in which viewmode I am currently in.

Sven