On 2/14/07, Kainth, Sachin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...The problem is that the tutorial seems to suggest that you
need Unix to run solr...

Solr itself should run fine on Windows, but you're right that most or
all of the scripts provided with Solr require a unixish shell.

Installing cygwin should allow you to run those scripts directly, but
if it's just to run the post.sh script, you can use any tool (wget,
curl) that can do a POST, and those are available for windows (at
least wget, and recent version can POST). Just look at post.sh to see
how curl is called, using similar under Windows should work.

It'd be cool to have a Windows (or Java) version of post.sh, as IIUC
this is the only thing that prevents Windows users from trying Solr in
10 minutes. If someone wants to write that I'm sure we'd be happy to
integrate it in the codebase.

-Bertrand