Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything
when I searched...

I have been looking ant SolJava examples.  I've been using
Nutch/Lucene before which returns results from query nicely in a class
with url, title and snippet (summary).  While Solr seems to return XML
with score and other details with just the url field.

Is there a way to avoid having to deal with XML after each query?  I
want to avoid parsing it will be much better if I could get results
directly into a Java data structure like a List or Map etc through the
API.

Also can anyone point me to some example or documentation which
clarifies XML returned by Solr and also how to get variations of this
including specifying what exactly i would see in xml like which
particular fields etc.  Hope i'm making sense....

Thanks,
Ravi