From: Ravish Bhagdev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:30 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Processing solr response....

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything when I
searched...

I have been looking ant SolJava examples.  I've been using Nutch/Lucene
before which returns results from query nicely in a class with url, title
and snippet (summary).  While Solr seems to return XML with score and other
details with just the url field.

Is there a way to avoid having to deal with XML after each query?  I want to
avoid parsing it will be much better if I could get results directly into a
Java data structure like a List or Map etc through the API.

Also can anyone point me to some example or documentation which clarifies
XML returned by Solr and also how to get variations of this including
specifying what exactly i would see in xml like which particular fields etc.
Hope i'm making sense....

Thanks,
Ravi