: http://192.168.1.5:18080/apache-solr-1.2.0/select/?q=*&version=2.2&start=0&r
: ows=10&indent=on

That's using standard request handler right? ... that's a much differnet
discussion -- when using standard you must of course be aware of hte
syntax and the special characters ... Walter and i have specificly been
talking about dismax which attempts to protect you from these things.

: description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
: (Query parsing error: Cannot parse '*': '*' or '?' not allowed as first
: character in WildcardQuery).

: I tried to discuss it last year... It shouldn't be HTTP 400. I do not have

why not?  the "client" sent a bad request (with a query string that is
"malformed syntax" according to the contract of standard request handler

-Hoss