On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Owens, Martin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  We have a requirement for being able to switch on and off certain filters
> for different searches.

Can the client send in which filters should be turned on and off, but
leave the definition of the filters in solrconfig.xml?

If so, you can get this effect with the new query parser plugin
framework.  Part of that includes what I call "local parameters" (not
really documented yet), which includes parameter dereferencing.

So you could add something like this to your query
fq=<!val=$filter1>&fq=<!val=$filter3)
and have the various filters be a default defined in a handler in solrconfig.xml

-Yonik