On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Owens, Martin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > So you could add something like this to your query
>  > fq=<!val=$filter1>&fq=<!val=$filter3)
>  > and have the various filters be a default defined in a handler in
> solrconfig.xml
>
>  How does this work? I'm still confused from your explanation. Are the query
> options turning the filters on or off? what kind of hander would go into
> solrconfig.xml?

This feature was first committed 10/22/07

It's a simple indirection.
fq=myfield:myval
  is equivalent to
fq=<!val=$filter1>&filter1=myfield:myval

Now put filter1 as a default in your handler (same as any other
default), and the client can turn on and off filter1 without knowing
what exactly it is.

-Yonik