On 12/20/2017 1:31 PM, Arun Rangarajan wrote:
> Sorry to bother you again on this. Is there no way in Solr to filter pivot
> facets?
> [Or did I attract the wrath of the group by posting the question first on
> StackOverflow? :-)]

StackOverflow and this list are pretty much unaware of each other unless
specific mention is made.  I don't care whether you ask on SO or not, or
which one you ask first.

You haven't provided actual output that you're seeing.  Can you provide
actual response output from your queries and describe what you'd rather
see instead?  With that information, we might be able to offer some ideas.

In general, facets should never count documents that are not in the
search results.

Multi-select faceting offers a way to change that general behavior,
though -- tagging specific fq parameters and asking the facet to exclude
those filters.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#Tagging_and_excluding_Filters

Thanks,
Shawn