On 1/27/2021 5:08 PM, Luke Oak wrote:
I just created a few collections and no data, memory keeps growing but never go
down, until I got OOM and solr is killed

Any reason?

Was Solr killed by the operating system's oom killer or did the death start with a Java OutOfMemoryError exception?

If it was the OS, then the entire system doesn't have enough memory for the demands that are made on it. The problem might be Solr, or it might be something else. You will need to either reduce the amount of memory used or increase the memory in the system.

If it was a Java OOME exception that led to Solr being killed, then some resource (could be heap memory, but isn't always) will be too small and will need to be increased. To figure out what resource, you need to see the exception text. Such exceptions are not always recorded -- it may occur in a section of code that has no logging.

Thanks,
Shawn