Check the field type and associated indexing chain in managed-schema of
your core. It probably has the lowercase filter in it.

Find a better type or make one yourself. Remember to reload the schema and
reindex the content.

Admin UI also allows you to run text string against a field definition to
see what each stage of analyzer chain does.

Regards,
    Alex