Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote
> It is documented in the reference guide:
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_8/analysis-screen.html
>
> Hope it helps,
>    Alex.
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 00:57, elivis <

> elivis@

> > wrote:
>>
>> Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote
>> > Admin UI also allows you to run text string against a field definition
>> > see what each stage of analyzer chain does.
>>
>> Thank you. Could please let me know how to do this (see what each stage
>> of
>> analyzer chain does)?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Thank you, Alex! We were indeed using the LowerCaseFilterFactory on the text
field that I'm using, and if I remove it from the schema, I do indeed get
case sensitive terms. However, I don't think I can just remove the
LowerCaseFilterFactory and call it a day. The reason we are using it is
because we want our "exact match" searches to NOT be case sensitive - a
search for "John" should return hits for "John" or "john". Is there a way to
achieve this result in an efficient manner, if I remove the
LowerCaseFilterFactory?

Thank you again.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html