> Of course when I have began to code Soya3D I was thinking of using PyGame and
>PyOpenGL. Here is why I haven't do that:
> - for PyOpenGL I had difficulties to install it
> - about using SDL 2D capacities : making a SDL surface with both flag for OpenGL and
>SDL blit is a cause of problem on my computer
> - there is 1 theoric problem (in fact I don't know if it's a problem): the GL
>context is provided for 1 thread so the thread that initialize the GL context must
>also be the one that calls all OpenGL functions. In fact I don't know if when Python
>is running there is only 1 thread or more. I just don't know how Python manages its
>modules

Python does not use threads on its own. One would have to explicitly
create threads for this ever to be a problem. If you don't use threads,
there is no problem.

> In fact I am actually changing the part of code that uses SDL. I am looking for a
>function to show/hide the 3D window but it seems SDL don't have one. I am currently
>making a version using GLX and X11 instead of SDL (of course there are compilation
>directive to use GLX or SDL)

I think the function you're looking for is pygame.display.iconify(),
unless what you're looking to do is to stop showing 3D while continuing
to be able to draw with 2D primitives.

--
Sean Lynch http://sean.lynch.tv/