> Pygame <http://pygame.org/> is a Python interface to SDL. It's very easy
> to use; I've already written a couple programs with it, including a 3D
> maze program with it and OpenGL. It would be really nice to see Soya 3D
> 1.0 integrated with Pygame rather than as a standalone program. Pygame
> has a large existing userbase, and the users are *very* interested in
> higher level 3D stuff for it.
>
> I don't think it would be very hard to integrate Soya 3D with Pygame.
> I'd even be interested in helping out with the effort. Pygame could
> provide the event system, 2d graphics, sound, movies, etc, and Soya 3D
> could provide the 3D interface and perhaps networking if Pygame doesn't
> do the networking already.
>
> Are there other people on this list who have used Pygame who think this
> would be a good idea?

Yes, allowing to use Soya with Pygame is interesting. Though it may be a good idea to
keep Soya independant from Pygame, so as it would still be useable alone...

Networking WILL NOT be directly integrated into Soya since it is a 3D engine, no more
! But look at Py2play if you want a network engine for Soya.

Jiba