> I made some trees for my landscape test using alpha-blended textures and
> a pair of crossed quads, but I can see the trees behind even in places
> where the texture is not transparent! It is as if the nearer trees are
> being drawn before the farther away trees. I've looked through the trees
> in several directions and I get the same effect. Shouldn't the Z-Buffer
> eliminate this whatever order the trees are drawn in? Or is the Z-Buffer
> turned off for shapes?

the Z buffer is disabled for material with alpha and for the moment there is no Z
sorting before rendering alpha faces.
however if your material has only a 'mask' (ie alpha value can only be 0.0 or 1.0),
the Z buffer is still enabled and you will have no problem. So I advise you to use
texture with only a mask for your tree

-blam