> 2. What's the Morph object?  Does it work like a Shape except that it
> can be modified?  Is it optimized like a Shape?  Is there a tut on
> this?  Or is it part of future features (animation?) as yet unrevealed?

yes the morph object will be used to make animation and is not yet finished in Python
(C part is quite ok)
the basic of morph if to create faces which have vertices in different worlds. then
you convert your root world into a MorphShape with the to_morph function. then you
instanciate a Morph object from the MorphShape. Morph is like a world with children
(subworlds). When you move the subworlds, the Morph will... morph (just as the faces
before but it's optimized)

I join the script I use to test morph, hope you will learn from it
(it will launch the editor. in the editor tree, open the morph and make its subworld
move)

> 3. When you create a Land, is its shape optimized with a tree?  If not,
> could it be?  Would it be possible to get the mesh of the land before
> it's shapified and add in other meshes (buildings, walls, circus
> elephants) before shapification/treeing/whatever?

the land works like that:
- land are divided into square maps
- each map is associated with an OpenGL display list and a bounding sphere
- at each render, all the maps are listed and compute their visibility. If one is
visible, it's accuracy (number of triangles used to draw the maps) is recomputed and
if needed the display list is updated.

but if you need collision detection, use the raypick functions
(ask me if you don't know what they do or how to use it)

> 4. Since Soya uses SDL, is it possible to intercept the surface Soya
> uses to display and blit other things to it, SDL-style?  Or is all the
> blitting/buffering/whathaveyou inside the render() method or something?

just test it, don't know if it will work

> 5. How difficult would adding a Disc and/or Cylinder/Tube primitive be?
> Is it just a matter of hacking it in Python or is there C work needing
> to be done?  Looking at the Sphere code, I think it's the latter.  Is
> there interest for this?  I could undertake it as a kind of journeyman
> project for me to learn more about Soya.  I think it's just a matter of
> setting a bunch of quads rotated arond an axis plus a Disc, which could
> be made with triangles like a bicycle wheel or from a point on the
> circumference, palm-branch style.

I don't think we need nurbs for now so you can code it in Python just like the cube or
the sphere

-blam