On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:38:05PM +0100, Jiba wrote:
> I plan to make the release this WE, so maybe waiting next week for the image loader
>is better?? It depends how much time it requires...

I think Blam and I need to discuss the best way to do this more before I
do anything anyway. I see he's already put in the image type. I'm not
sure how the API should look from the Python side of things. On the C
side, I think each place that currently accepts an image filename can
just accept a pointer to an image struct, but I'm not sure how to name
those functions. I think my first step will be to create an image class
in the Python interface along with a constructor that makes an image from
the output of one of the tostring methods from pygame, Numeric, PIL,
etc.

I'd really like this to be planned rather than being a nasty hack that
we have to deal with later. There are several places already that use
images, and it would be easiest for users to understand if the interface
for handling images were consistent.

--
Sean Lynch http://sean.lynch.tv/