What programs/mechanisms is everyone using to create models for Soya3d?
If you were to create an animated chracter with textures/materials how
would you do it?  Create each appendage as a separate object, the load
them such that the body is the parent of the upper thigh for example?
Or would you create the character as a single model then save multiple
positions and create the animation based on those?  Or is there a way
for soya to easily use models with a bones structure (which I know
almost nothing about).  And for the object material, is this something
that needs added in Soya, or can we get that from loading the object in
the first place?

Last time I looked I don't remember seeing animated objects such as
moving appendages in the Slune game, but it does have some nice looking
buildings as well as other objects with materials.  How was all this
content created?

Commercial or shareware programs are not an option for me right now,
only freeware.  I still would like to know what everyone else is doing
even if no free products are involved.

--
Jack Madison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>