.. hum ...

if someone is interested in creating windows version of soya, here is the way to do it:

*** COMPILING SOYA FOR WINDOWS HOW TO ***

You must install the following software for Windows:
  - Python 2.2
  - MinGW
I advise you not to install this stuff in your "Program File" directory but directly
in the c:\ cause as the name "Program File" is more than 8 characters its real dos
name is PROGRA~1 or something like that.
  - cal3d
  - Pexports (not easy to find on the net and very little => I join the archive.
Extract it, for example, in c:\Python22)
  - SDL

1) Create the libpython for MinGW

c:\Python22\pexports-0.42h\bin\pexports.exe c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\python22.dll >
python22.def
c:\MinGW\bin\dlltool --dllname python22.dll --def python22.def --output-lib
libpython22.a

Copy the file libpython22.a into c:\MinGW\lib

2) get the soya source archive, extract it in a directory, for example
c:\MinGW\home\soya

3) compile Soya and create a Windows installer

set PATH=%PATH%;c:\MinGW\bin
c:\Python22\python.exe c:\MinGW\home\soya\setup.py build --compiler=mingw32

I hope there is no Windows specific compilation error...

c:\Python22\python.exe c:\MinGW\home\soya\setup.py install
c:\Python22\python.exe c:\MinGW\home\soya\setup.py bdist_wininst

hope this helps... I can give more explanations if someone needs it.
BTW does PyCal3d exist for Windows ?

-blam