On Tuesday 21 July 2009 17:48:35 Jeff Ortel wrote:
> All,
>
> Yesterday I merged master->pgsql and today I'm planning on doing some
> schema verification. Assuming that I can verify the schema (for oracle) is
> equivalent, I will merge the pgsql branch TO master tomorrow 7/22.
>
> The following review items have been addressed:
>
> 1) Trailing white space removed from common/tables/*.sql
> 2) Schema upgrade scripts refactoring reverted.  The upgrade scripts will
> remain as they are today.
> 3) Chameleon added to build roots.
> 4) Upgrade script generated to replace named not-null constraints with
> anonymous column modifier.
>
> Any other issues to be resolved before the merge?  Last chance to review
> pgsql before it goes to master.

The oracle schema in pgsql branch does not deploy cleanly. There's
a dependency problem: rhn_channel package body uses procedures
from rhn_user, which in the resulting main.sql is defined (well, declared)
after rhn_channel. Same for rhn_config_channel, rhn_entitlements,
rhn_org, rhn_server pbs.

Many columns declared as NUMBER(n) were changed in pgsql branch
to NUMBER (rhn_command_target table for example), which I don't believe
is equivalent.

Also, I'm pretty sure everything rhnfaq* related is not needed in
the schema now.

-MZ