Milan Zazrivec wrote:
On Tuesday 21 July 2009 17:48:35 Jeff Ortel wrote:
All,

Yesterday I merged master->pgsql and today I'm planning on doing some
schema verification. Assuming that I can verify the schema (for oracle) is
equivalent, I will merge the pgsql branch TO master tomorrow 7/22.

The following review items have been addressed:

1) Trailing white space removed from common/tables/*.sql
2) Schema upgrade scripts refactoring reverted.  The upgrade scripts will
remain as they are today.
3) Chameleon added to build roots.
4) Upgrade script generated to replace named not-null constraints with
anonymous column modifier.

Any other issues to be resolved before the merge?  Last chance to review
pgsql before it goes to master.

The oracle schema in pgsql branch does not deploy cleanly. There's
a dependency problem: rhn_channel package body uses procedures
from rhn_user, which in the resulting main.sql is defined (well, declared)
after rhn_channel. Same for rhn_config_channel, rhn_entitlements,
rhn_org, rhn_server pbs.

I've been deploying all day and haven't seen this.  I'll look into it further.

Many columns declared as NUMBER(n) were changed in pgsql branch
to NUMBER (rhn_command_target table for example), which I don't believe
is equivalent.

Yes, I caught this during side-by-side verification and I'm fixing in chameleon
now.

Also, I'm pretty sure everything rhnfaq* related is not needed in
the schema now.

Yes. I caught this (also) during side-by-side verification and removed them.

-MZ