Hi Astronauts

The create channel page does a check for a prefix rhn-*. As we replaced some errror messages "Redhat" with a configurable vendor string
we now get the error message as

"SUSE channels creation need admin privileges" (or something like that)

We are discussing how to remove that check in the best "upstream-friendly" way possible:

- remove the restriction completely
(btw, the regex is duplicated, I guess CreateChannelCommand could use the one in NewChannelHelper instead)
- Allow to disable the check
- Or its generic version: make it a "vendor restriction" and the regex configurable

What do you think?

In any case we need to get rid of the check, we are trying to avoid a patch in our tree that would live forever.

cheers

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany