On 04/02/2012 02:37 PM, Stephen Herr wrote:
On 04/02/2012 05:17 AM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:

Hi,

I see that in lot of places collections are used without generics
(1000+ warnings).

What is the view on this? are patches in the direction of using
generics for compile-time errors wanted? if yes, can this be a bit of
a flood of patches for review?

Hi Duncan,

I personally would love to see patches for the generics warnings. I
would be happy to review these patches, no matter how many of them there
are.

-Stephen

Great to hear. I think is equally hard in the developers end, as you don't sit to fix just generics, but fix them as you go over code, and that mixes changes in the same patch. But I will keep in mind :-)

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany