On 04/13/2012 10:24 AM, Uwe Gansert wrote:
+def _md5(path):
Could not you flip to sha1 or sha256?:

I know that md5 is not state of the are anymore but we need to use that
because Studio provides the checksum in md5.
We should change that in Studio but for now it's like that.

OK. I expected something like, that. It seems fair.

+# this is not nice but tarfile.py does not support
+# sparse file writing :(

I did not test it but:
http://docs.python.org/library/tarfile.html
say:
The GNU tar format (GNU_FORMAT). It supports long filenames and
linknames, files bigger than 8 gigabytes and sparse files. It is the de
facto standard on GNU/Linux systems. tarfile fully supports the GNU tar
extensions for long names, sparse file support is read-only.

the last three words are the problem.
read-only for sparse files :/

Aha :)

+%dir %{rhn_conf_dir}
This is not needed. This directory is already owned by rhn-client-tools,
which are required by rhn-virtualization-common

it's needed for our build service or our BS will cry about "directory
not owned by any package" after building. Unless I add a package to the
BUILDREQUIRES that owns that directoy already - but it would be bad to
change the BUILDREQUIRES just for that.
I can remove that %dir for Red Hat in the spec file but not for SUSE

Yes, please use:
%if 0%{?suse_version} ...
for that.

--