Sam Clippinger ha scritto:
> Actually, spamdyke already does this.  If qmail rejects the recipient,
> spamdyke logs the rejection as "DENIED_OTHER".  Unfortunately, qmail
> doesn't check recipients by default, though there are some patches
> available to add that ability.  Instead, qmail accepts all incoming mail
> and bounces invalid recipients later.
>
> I'll get this one added eventually, probably by allowing spamdyke to run
> an external program that can check the recipient.  That way it could be
> configured to work with any qmail setup.

Yes this is a must-have feature for spamdyke .
I suggest to use two approaches:

1) check recipients from a dir tree like $base_dir/$domain/$username
(assuming that the recipient address will be splitted in $username and
$domain )
2) check recicpients by executing an external helper which returns 1 (no
such user) or 0 (user found)

I think 1) gives the best performance, and 2) the best flexibility

Of course they are mutually exclusive, use 1) or 2) not both .

Have fun,
Davide