Wow -- I never expected anyone would see that error message.

getprotobyname() is a library function that finds the ID number for the
UDP protocol.  (spamdyke needs that ID number so it can perform DNS
queries.)  Protocols and their IDs are typically listed in
/etc/protocols (you can confirm this by looking at the man page for
getprotobyname() on your system).  In that file, look for a line like this:
        udp     17      UDP

If you're getting this error, I'd be amazed if any UDP-based services
work correctly on your server (including DNS resolutions).

-- Sam Clippinger