with my great ignorance !!!...

Most of lowlevel socket programs uses getprotobyname(), gethostyname(),
gethostbyaddr() etc...
i think your server has some sort of DNS issue. even if dig can work.
maybe it's about gcc & glibc. Upgrading or re-compiling will work.
you need to compile gcc & glibc anyway (if not). Also all other required
stuff to work better.

is that a good idea to use AMD64bit kernel & stuff for mail serving? i'd
prefer an i386 kernel.
you can't imagine what sort of tools you will need & unable to find 64bit
binaries.

Marmaris Yacht Marina
www.yachtmarin.com
Bilgi İşlem / ITech. Dep.